Automotive Technician HOURLY - NO FLAT RATE!
SIGNING/RETENTION BONUS - UP TO $3000.00
Tired of turning wrenches and the physical demands of the automotive mechanics trade but still want to use your talents? Want to get off flat rate and enjoy a stable and predictable paycheck?
Embedded (In-Shop) Scan Facilitator
The Embedded ADAS Calibration Specialist works within our customer’s body shop repair facility. This position assists the shop in facilitating diagnostic pre scans and post scans using the AirPro scan tool on vehicles involved in collisions. In addition, he/she will facilitate performing ADAS calibration target setups within the shop on vehicles that require calibrations.
Reports to: This position currently reports to the Field Operations Manager and Field Services Manager
Essential Functions (Duties are performed in an automotive body shop environment)
- Prepare vehicles and initiate all diagnostic scans using the AirPro scan tool.
- Work with body shop front end personnel to ensure incoming and outgoing body shop vehicles are scanned and calibrated according to needs
- Set up targets to calibrate ADAS systems according to manufacturer requirements
- Responsible for test driving and/or moving customer vehicles (with shop permission)at shop locations in support of the diagnostic/calibration process
- Work with shop personnel on damaged vehicles such as checking and replacing fuses and/or checking electrical connectors that may be impacting the scan process. (Body repairs are not required)
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in e-learning or other training sessions to stay well-informed with rapidly changing automotive technology
- Adhere to all company and body shop policies, procedures, safety, and environmental rules
- Perform visual inspections on the vehicle and alert shop to possible unseen damages.
- Proficient use of computers and Basic understanding of automotive repair processes
- Previous diagnostic scan tool experience preferred
- Working knowledge of automotive ADAS safety systems
- 3+ years’ experience as an automotive technician
- Working knowledge of vehicle operations
- Intermediate computer skills; comfortable working with computer applications
such as MS Office suite.
- Self-motivated, high energy and a client-focused perspective
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle background check
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to develop proficiency in identification of automotive faults, error messages, module corrections, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn how to evaluate information and data to provide interpretation of technical information to shop personnel
- Professional appearance and demeanor