AirPro Diagnostics, a leader in providing diagnostic solutions to the automotive repair industry, is growing fast. We are looking for positive and professional team players with a passion for cars and a desire to ensure the safe drivability of vehicles, to join our team as an Embedded Diagnostic Solutions Specialist
This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to gain exposure to the collision repair industry while working for a company poised to change it for the better.
Embedded Diagnostic Solutions Specialist
The Embedded Diagnostic Solutions Specialist position works within our client's automotive repair facility in tandem with our staff of Automotive Diagnostics Specialists in our Centers of Excellence to assist in facilitating pre-repair (diagnostic) scans and post repair (completion) scans using the AirPro scan tool on vehicles involved in collisions. The goal is to maximize the diagnostic, calibration and programming services AirPro Diagnostics provides to our clients.
Essential Functions (Primary duties are completed in an automotive repair shop environment)
Prepare vehicles and initiate all diagnostic scans using the AirPro device, ensuring proper requirements are met.
Track vehicle WIP (work in progress) and ensure all vehicles are receiving pre-repair (diagnostic) and post repair (completion) scans.
- Intercept sublet work by educating shop staff of breadth and depth of AirPro services which include calibration and programming capabilities.
Serve as AirPro primary client contact for the diagnostic service process to local shops and insurers.
- Responsible for test driving and/or moving customer vehicles at shop locations (with shop permission) in support of the diagnostic process.
- Perform basic minor physical repairs to damaged vehicles such as checking and replacing fuses and/or checking electrical connectors that may be impacting the scan process.
- Work with repair facility management to maximize thru-put and fully recognize shop revenue potential.
- Utilize understanding of the structure and practices of various types of repair facilities, body shops, insurance carriers to facilitate effective working relationships.
Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in e-learning or other training sessions to stay well-informed with rapidly changing automotive technology.
Adhere to all company and shop policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
- Perform visual inspections on vehicles and alert shop to possible unseen damages.
- Once trained; assist in the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) calibration process by setting up shop targets and ensuring that EOM target requirements are met.
Technical or vocational school level aptitude with car dealership service center experience.
2-3 years’ experience in an auto repair facility.
Working knowledge of vehicle operations
- Understands basic automobile industry concepts and terminology
- Intermediate computer skills; comfortable working with computer programs including MS Office suite
Self-motivated, high energy and a client-focused perspective
- Ability to work in a team environment
Positive “can do” attitude
- Valid driver’s license
Ability to pass a motor vehicle background check
Ability to pass a criminal background check
Ability to develop proficiency in identification of automotive faults, error messages, module corrections, etc.
Ability to quickly learn how to evaluate information and data to provide interpretation of technical information to shop personnel
- Professional appearance and demeanor