Tired of turning wrenches and the physical demands of the automotive mechanics trade but still want to use your talents? Want to get off the flat rate roller-coaster and enjoy a stable and predictable paycheck?
AirPro Diagnostics just may be the solution!
AirPro Diagnostics, a leader in providing diagnostic solutions to the automotive repair industry, is growing fast. We are looking for positive, professional and highly skilled team players with a passion for cars and a desire to ensure the safe drivability of vehicles, to join our team as an Embedded Automotive Diagnostic Specialist at on e of our customer shop locations.
This position provides on-site diagnostic support to our local collision center customers to aid in the diagnostic scans and subsequent interpretations of any resulting codes. This is a salaried (NOT flat rate) position. The Automotive Diagnostic Specialist will manage the shop's diagnostic scan process and will perform both pre-scans and post repair diagnostic scans (completion scans) to assist in the complete repair, reconfiguration-calibration of the vehicle to ensure complete safety to the ultimate driver of the vehicle.
He/she will perform functions while connected directly to our scan tool that is connected directly to the vehicle at the collision shop. These functions include: code and data reading, programming, bi-directional testing, diagnostic assistance, component re-learns, configurations, coding, calibrations and code clearing. You will have access to extensive repair information as well as a great team of AirPro Service technicians to assist you in any way needed.
WE ARE OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS TO THOSE WITH CURRENT REMOTE AUTOMOTIVE DIAGNOSTIC EXPERIENCE!
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- 3 or more years performing hands on automotive repairs. 2 or more of these years as a diagnostic master/lead technician
Current or previous ASE or OEM certifications
- Intermediate computer skills; comfortable working with computer programs including MS Office suite and multi-taking through several open screens
Self-motivated, high energy and a client-focused perspective
Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Positive “can do” attitude
Working knowledge in the use and maintenance of advanced and OE level diagnostic scan tools
- Ability to read, interpret and document automotive diagnostic scan tool data
- Ability to read and understand various automotive electrical/electronic schematics
- Skilled at the Automotive Strategy Based Diagnostic Processes
- Ability to explain and communicate/advise findings to other technicians, not-technicians or to non-technical clients
Prepare vehicles and initiate all diagnostic scans using the AirPro scan tool, ensuring proper requirements are met.
- Track vehicle WIP (work in progress) and ensure all vehicles are pre-repair (diagnostic) and post-repair (completion) scanned.
- Intercept sublet work by educating shop staff of breadth and depth of AirPro services which include calibration and programming capabilities.
- Serve as AirPro primary client contact for the diagnostic service process to local shops and insurers.
- Perform basic minor physical repairs to damaged vehicles such as checking and replacing fuses and/or checking electrical connectors that may be impacting the scan process.
- Work with repair facility management to maximize thru-put and fully recognize shop revenue potential.
- Utilize understanding of the structure and practices of various types of repair facilities, body shops, insurance carriers to facilitate effective working relationships.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in e-learning or other training methodology to stay well-informed with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Adhere to all company and shop policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
- Perform visual inspections on the vehicle while scan is in process and alert shop to possible unseen damages.
- Once trained; assist in the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) calibration process by setting up shop targets and ensuring that OEM target requirements are met.
- Valid driver’s license
Ability to pass a motor vehicle background check
Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Training provided by AirPro Diagnostics