Automotive ADAS Diagnostic Technician Needed
WE ARE OFFERING A $500.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Tired of turning wrenches and the physical demands of the automotive mechanics trade but still want to use your talents? Want to get off flat rate and enjoy a stable and predictable paycheck?
AirPro Diagnostics may be the solution! -
AirPro Diagnostics; a leader in providing diagnostic solutions to the automotive repair industry, is growing rapidly. We are seeking a positive and professional team players with a passion for cars and a desire to ensure the safe drivability of vehicles, to join our team as an Embedded Automotive Diagnostic Specialist at one of our customer collision repair facilities in the Doylestown, Pennsylvania area.
The Embedded Diagnostic Solutions Specialist position works within our designated client's automotive repair facility in tandem with our staff of Automotive Diagnostics Specialists in our Centers of Excellence to assist in facilitating pre-repair (diagnostic) scans and post repair (completion) scans along with ADAS calibrations, using the AirPro scan tool on vehicles involved in a collision. The goal is to maximize the diagnostic, calibration and programming services AirPro Diagnostics provides to our clients, leading to an increase in throughput and revenue generation for the shop.
Reports to: This position currently reports to our Operations Department. (Specific reporting relationship to be determined)
Essential Functions (Primary duties are completed in an automotive repair shop environment)
- Prepare vehicles and initiate all diagnostic scan requests, ensuring proper requirements and conditions are met.
- When not busy performing scans directly for the shop, with the shop, the tech should participate in the scanning process by taking scans off the dashboard.
- Track vehicle WIP (work in progress) to ensure all vehicles are receiving pre-repair (diagnostic) and post-repair (completion) scans.
- Technician may perform test driving and/or moving customer vehicles (under the direction of the shop) at shop locations in support of the diagnostic process. Insurance coverage must be confirmed and in place before this happens.
- Perform basic minor physical repairs to damaged vehicles as requested such as checking and replacing fuses and/or checking electrical connectors that may be negatively impacting the scan process.
- Work with repair facility management to maximize thru-put and fully recognize shop revenue potential
- Utilize your understanding of the structure and practices of various types of repair facilities, body shops, insurance carriers to facilitate effective working relationships
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in e-learning or other training sessions to stay well-informed with rapidly changing automotive technology
- Adhere to all AirPro and shop policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules
- Perform visual inspections on the vehicle while scan is in progress and alert shop to possible unseen damages.
- Once trained; assist in the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) calibration process by setting up shop targets and ensuring that OEM target requirements are met.
- Strong automotive diagnostic experience utilizing automotive scan tools
- Strong familiarity with current ADAS systems
- Strong automotive electrical experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in an auto maintenance/repair or collision repair facility in an Automotive Technician role or experience in an automobile glass installation and calibration environment.
- Working knowledge of vehicle operations
- Understands basic automobile industry concepts and terminology
- Intermediate computer skills; comfortable working with computer applications such as MS Office suite.
- Self-motivated, high energy and a client-focused perspective
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle background check
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to develop proficiency in identification of automotive faults, error messages, module corrections, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn how to evaluate information and data to provide interpretation of technical information to shop personnel
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer